Here are the top 10 most pirated Films.
Godzilla vs. Kong
Zack Snyder’s Justice League
Mortal Kombat (2021)
The Suicide Squad (2021)
Wonder Woman 1984
Raya and the Last Dragon
Here are the top 10 most pirated Books
1. Kama Sutra
2. Photoshop: Secret of the pros
3. The complete idiot's guide to amazing sex
4. The lost note books of Leonardo Da Vinci
5. Solar House - A guide for the solar designer
6. Before Pornography: Erotic Writing in Early Modern England
8. The Science of Influence - How to get anyone to say YES in 8 minutes or less
9. Nude Photography - the Art and the Craft
10. Fix It - How to do all those little repair jobs around your home
Here are the top most pirated Video games
1. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
2. Dissidia Final Fantasy
3. Phantasy Star Portable 2
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops
5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
6. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
7. Mafia 2
8. Mass Effect 2
9. Sims 3
10. Starcraft 2
information taken from:
Kozlowski, M., 2017. You would be surprised who pirates eBooks the most. [online] Goodereader. Available at: <https://goodereader.com/blog/e-book-news/you-would-be-surprised-who-pirates-the-most-e-books> [Accessed 16 March 2022].
Time to Write. 2010. Ever wondered which were the most pirated books?. [online] Available at: <https://timetowrite.blogs.com/weblog/2010/04/ever-wondered-which-were-the-most-pirated-books.html> [Accessed 16 March 2022].
Rahaman, R., 2021. 15 Most Pirated Video Games Ever. [online] Game Rant. Available at: <https://gamerant.com/most-pirated-video-games/> [Accessed 16 February 2022].
More recently, book piracy has sky rocketed. The amount of pirated e-books that are publicly available on Torrent sites or forum have increased in recent years. It is estimated that pirated content costs the publishing industry over $315 million dollars in 2016.
You may think it is only film piracy that plagues the world, however illegally downloading and reading books for free hinders the industry just as much.
Around the world, the yearly loss from digital piracy is up to $97.1 billion in the film industry and between up to $95.4 billion in the television industry.